Born 3 years ago, Cubyn is the leader in Europe on First mile logistics, for e-merchants and brick & mortar stores which expand online.
We collect items on-demand within 2h, perform fulfillment & ship parcels, offering to our customers an Amazon-like logistics chain without constraints. We allow them to focus on their core business - marketing & selling. In 2016 & 2017, Cubyn grows 300% YoY and consolidates its leading position on first mile logistics in Europe.
Our mission is to build the largest European on-demand logistics network. At Cubyn we believe in disruptive thinking, long-term vision, humility and operational excellence.
- In July 2017, we secured a 7 Mn$ A-series fundraising to expand our operation in major European cities ›› Les Echos
- In 2016, we shipped 200k parcels from 200+ active customers in Paris. ›› Frenchweb
What you will do
You will have a key role in implementing our roadmap, growing our software engineering team and ensuring our projects are delivered on time.
You will report to our CTO and our CEO
— manage the engineering team:
- Manage a team of engineers (hiring process design and interviews, annual salary reviews, career growth and retention plan...)
- Help plan the roadmap and ensure the sync across frontend, backend, mobile engineers and architects
- Advocate and enhance our software development practices: CI/CD, TDD, DDD, everything that ends with a D
- Stay up to date with our technology stack and know how to challenge the solutions proposed by the engineers
- Recruit the best engineers with our talent manager
- Be the heart of the communication with other teams (especially CSM and Product teams)
— ensure projects delivery:
- Build the right agile methodologies to make sure our projects are delivered on time
- Take the right shortcuts to make sure our projects stay on track
- Work with the product team to have the clearest vision of the upcoming projects
- Infrastructure: 30+ microservices orchestrated with Kubernetes on GCP, Drone for CI / CD
- Backend: NodeJS ES7, MySQL, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, Mocha, etc.
- Frontend: VueJS, Angular 1.x, Ionic, Gulp, LESS, etc.
- Hardware: Node Webkit and Raspberry Pi
What we’re looking for
You want to be part of a great venture with an ambitious roadmap.
- You have 5+ years of professional experience
- You have a significant experience in tech management
- You are a team player
- You are obsessed with projects delivery and agile methodologies
- You are pragmatic and have strong organisational skills
- You should be hands on, solution centric, performance-oriented and experienced in high-scalability architecture
If you are interested please your CV to email@example.com (feel free to include your linkedin / github profiles)