Born 3 years ago, Cubyn is the leader in Europe on First mile logistics, for e-merchants and brick & mortar stores which expand online.
We collect items on-demand within 2h, perform fulfillment & ship parcels, offering to our customers an Amazon-like logistics chain without constraints. We allow them to focus on their core business - marketing & selling. In 2016 & 2017, Cubyn grows 300% YoY and consolidates its leading position on first mile logistics in Europe.
Our mission is to build the largest European on-demand logistics network. At Cubyn we believe in disruptive thinking, long-term vision, humility and operational excellence.
- In July 2017, we secured a 7 Mn$ A-series fundraising to expand our operation in major European cities ›› Les Echos
- In 2016, we shipped 200k parcels from 200+ active customers in Paris. ›› Frenchweb
What you will do
You will be in charge of improving the global reliability of the whole Cubyn infrastructure.
We aim to provide our partners (customers, courriers, warehouse operators) the best in class logistics experience which means highly available services throughout all our applications.
This new role at Cubyn has many challenges:
- supervise and continuously improve our infrastructure
- define and keep track of infrastructure quality KPIs
- provide our engineering team a great developer UX to ensure product delivery & quality
- advocate scalability and DevOps best practices among our engineering team
- supervise contractors on warehouse network installations (site reliability)
We recently migrated all our Kubernetes clusters to GCP.
- Google Cloud: 40+ microservices orchestrated with Kubernetes (× 3 environments: prod, sandbox and staging)
- AWS: S3 (file storage), Cloudfront (static apps & cdns)
- Online: CI / CD (with drone.io)
- Backend: NodeJS ES7, MySQL, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, Mocha, etc.
- Frontend: VueJS, Angular 1.x, Ionic, Gulp, LESS, etc.
- Hardware: Node Webkit and Raspberry Pi
What we’re looking for
A passionate & dedicated engineer who wants to be part of a fast growing startup
- You have 4+ years of professional experience as a DevOps
- You are fluent in the AWS ecosystem or Google Cloud
- You have a great expertise in relational DBs
- You have a significant experience in message brokers (RabbitMQ, Kafka, ...)
- You have excellent professional ethics and are known to be a reliable co-worker
- You love spreading knowledge around you
- You know the NodeJS ecosystem and have some experience with it
- You have some notions around microservices and their patterns
- You are knowledgeable on site reliability (network & system engineering)
If you are interested please your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (feel free to include your linkedin / github profiles)