Born 3 years ago, Cubyn is the leader in Europe on First mile logistics, for e-merchants and brick & mortar stores which expand online.
We collect items on-demand within 2h, perform fulfillment & ship parcels, offering to our customers an Amazon-like logistics chain without constraints. We allow them to focus on their core business - marketing & selling. In 2016 & 2017, Cubyn grows 300% YoY and consolidates its leading position on first mile logistics in Europe.
Our mission is to build the largest European on-demand logistics network. At Cubyn we believe in disruptive thinking, long-term vision, humility and operational excellence.
- In July 2017, we secured a 7 Mn$ A-series fundraising to expand our operation in major European cities ›› Les Echos
- In 2016, we shipped 200k parcels from 200+ active customers in Paris. ›› Frenchweb
What you will do
We designed our backend with a service-oriented mindset, always building small, manageable parts. As of today we have 20+ micro-services behind several gateways (REST APIs).
Maintaining high levels of code quality and performance is key to us (we have > 85% of test coverage throughout our backends)
As a backend engineer you will be able to have an impact on a variety of different applications at Cubyn (from web or mobile apps to warehouse systems).
This will involve:
- Tackling projects with a problem solving mindset
- Building scalable and reliable services
- Making sure your code is regression free by writing meaningful tests
- Keeping our development workflows up to date (e.g. git guidelines, CI / CD)
- Infrastructure: 20+ microservices orchestrated with Kubernetes on AWS, Drone for CI / CD
- Backend: NodeJS ES7, MySQL, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, Mocha, etc.
- Frontend: Angular 1.x, Ionic, Gulp, LESS, etc.
- Hardware: Node Webkit and Raspberry Pi
What we’re looking for
A modest yet passionate developer, always eager to learn and happy to share with everybody in the team
- 4+ years of experience
- A significant experience at building APIs under NodeJS
- A perfect understanding of REST-APIs
- A strong knowledge of SQL (pgsql or mysql)
Nice to haves
- Being fluent with JS ES7+ (promises, async/await, …)
- Some experience with high availability systems and devops topics
- Some knowledge of micro-services
- 2000€ package to select your own hardware
- Babyfoot, darts and Go
If you are interested please your CV to email@example.com (feel free to include your linkedin / github profiles)